Monday, February 28, 2011

A Logical Explanation

Today has been a weird day. The kind where everything is going just fine, but you feel like something is wrong. I have been trying to figure it out since this morning.

Of course my thoughts turn directly to things having to do with school: Did I miss an assignment or forget about a test? No. Though it is something I totally would do... so it's a good thing I checked regardless :)

Did I forget about work? No. I would never do that. It's seriously one of my worst fears. Anyone who really knows me knows that I get stressed about being late for work around an hour and a half before my shift actually starts.

Did I forget Becca's Birthday? No :) Also something I would never do. Dumb question.

My room is a little bit messy? Maybe that's it... Nah

I decided that sometimes we just have days that are weird. And it's just a mystery as to why that is.

And that is what I accredited my feelings to today...

...Until I got home from school and Becca N. said to me, "Did you get toothpaste on your coat!?"

And that's when it officially all came together. 

I looked down and saw a smear of white toothpaste. Contrasting wonderfully with my navy blue coat. Perfectly placed on my chest.

Great. The mystery has been solved :)

So the truth is, sometimes you have weird days because you have toothpaste on your shirt. Remember to always check yourself before you leave the house for the morning. 

It will save you from a day of wonder and confusion.

____________________________

Okay, I hope you all know that I am not being completely serious. My toothpaste incident wasn't that bad at all. And believe it or not I do know that worse things can happen :) But still, as I was writing all about my "struggle with toothpaste," I remembered a quote from Elder Boyd K. Packer that I read in my mission prep class:

"Teach our members that if they have a good, miserable day once in a while, or several in a row, to stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is a great purpose in our struggles in life."

I'll leave you with that.


until next time,
So long

3 comments:

  1. Great quote, Court. I have had good miserable days before and I know what you mean. By the way, the coat is all clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why won't your blog let me sign in as me? I am not Courtney Hazard!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This explains so much about my life...

    ReplyDelete