Monday, November 7, 2011

The Long Version

I keep telling myself I need to update this thing but I never feel inspired. I'm just kind of floating through life, which is very much driven by the daily routine that comes with being a college student. It's okay though. I think that I never really grew out of that stage where you crave routine. Routine is good, and if routine is good, then I have nothing to complain about.

My last update took place, like a month ago, so I have lots to catch up on. If you wanted to hear the short version of what happened in that time then I would say something like, "I had three really good weeks, and one pretty bad one." But the fact that you are reading this tells me that you want to hear more than that. You want to hear all the details and see pictures and stuff. You want The Long Version. Right? Right.
__________________

Okay. So October 28th was my friend, Rebekah's, birthday. I have not seen her in months and months so I was so excited when Jenna asked me if I wanted to go see her. It was so great to get to go to her house in Idaho Falls and catch up for a few hours. It was a short visit, but it did not disappoint. Any night that involves good friends, mexican food, and awkward waiters is an automatic good time.
 As I'm sure you can tell, she was overjoyed to be the receiver of so much attention. 

One night, I went to Guitars Unplugged to hear my friend Chelsea play the guitar and sing. She sang so well, and played like a champ. Her and her roommates sang "One Voice" by the Wailin' Jennys, which is one of my favorites. 
Sitting next to Sierra was quite the fun experience. She is definitely not shy :)

Last weekend Becca and Johnny came up from Provo. We had limited time together, so we decided to go to the Self Reliance Fair :) We picked up some tips on cookie making, food storage, the dangers of technology, and budgeting. It was fantastic! (I may sound sarcastic, but it really was pretty cool. Becca's dad helped put the whole thing together, and it turned out very nice.)
 This picture of Johnny is the only one I have from the whole weekend. Kind of a disappointment. Sorry Johnny.
This is a genogram I made for my Family Relations class. I was very proud. And this isn't even the finished product. My teacher was even impressed with it! I walked out of the classroom doing fist pumps that day. 
 ___________________

This all took place during the "good weeks." But then things took a turn for the worst. Dramatic, I know, but I don't know how else to explain it. It's not even like anything happened. I just sunk into a slump of laziness for the whole week and didn't do anything. Ever. And that's never good. 

Then, to top it all off, I got in my car saturday night, drove two feet, and realized I was experiencing the familiar feel of a flat tire. I got out to investigate...I definitely had a flat tire. Completely flat. I stayed pretty calm, which is saying something, because remember I was having a bad week already. And that was my third flat tire in a month. Yes, third. Not a big deal. The next morning my parents let me use the van to get to church. I drove up the street in a hurry (because I was late, of course) turned the corner, and once again experienced that familiar feeling of a flat tire. I got out to investigate...I definitely had a flat tire. Completely flat. Off the rim kind of flat. 

Kind of a big deal. Because obviously, I am cursed in the tire department. No joke. 

Luckily for me, things got better the next week. School has been good and I am really liking my classes. For my Social Work class we went to the family crisis center and organized all their supplies for the food bank. It was lots of fun and it felt good to give help where so much of it is needed. 

This weekend I went to dinner with Becca Noack. 

We also went to a dodge ball game and to our relief society activity. Afterwards, we decided to dress up like we used to when we lived together in Tuscany last winter.
Then...

And now...

I don't think things will ever change. Do you feel awkward? I do... 

Yesterday, something tragic happened in my house. Anyone who has ever used our basement bathroom is familiar with this...
My brother, Griffin painted it when he was 13 or something. It's been a wonderful feature in our house for over 12 years now. But it is no longer. 

That's right. We painted. It was very sudden. I had almost no time to prepare myself.
 I'm really going to miss this guy.
The bathroom is going to be a lonely place from now on.
_____________________

Last night I got to go to the Golden Dragon Acrobats From China show on campus. These people are amazing! My heart was racing the whole time because the things they did were so intense. I cannot even imagine having that much strength, focus, and precision.  
 Lookin good, Sierra.
 Colby, Mykel, and I after the show.
Me, Sierra, and Hannah walking home in the freezing cold icy weather. I am really going to miss summer time... 

Life is really good. I am learning a lot about a lot and I feel so blessed. I have so much to be thankful for-- even if I do have a bad week every once in a while :) I seriously don't know why I got so lucky. 

Until next time,
So long

No comments:

Post a Comment